Jewish Family & Community Services (JFCS) is contracted with Family Support Services of North Florida to provide supervision and support to children and families involved in the Dependency Court System (for abused and neglected children). The JFCS Dependency Program provides services to over 400 children in the state’s custody. We supervise children not only in foster care but placed with relatives and non-relatives. JFCS uses a Family-Centered casework practice model which encompasses a range of activities designed to help families strengthen family functioning and address challenges that may threaten family stability.
These activities include:
- Family-centered assessment
- Case planning and management
- Specific interventions with families including counseling, education and skill building
- Advocating for families
- Connecting families with the supportive services and resources they need to improve their parenting abilities and achieve a nurturing and stable family centered environment.
The JFCS Prevention Program works with at-risk families to help them make the changes necessary to keep their children safe and out of the Dependency Court system.
Prevention Coordinators are trained to provide:
- In-home parenting
- Budgeting education
- Behavior modification
- “Family Treasures”, a communication course.
We accept referrals from the Department of Children & Families, Jacksonville Sherriff’s Office (JSO), local schools and the Jacksonville community.
Foster Care Adoption Program
We have many wonderful children and sibling groups of different ages and races that will warm your heart. These kids need safe, loving homes and families to call their own. CLICK HERE for more information!
Child Safety Independent Living
JFCS’s Independent Living Program is designed to assist and prepare youth age 13 and over to successfully transition to adulthood and become self-sufficient.
These services include:
- Assistance in obtaining a high school diploma
- Career exploration
- Vocational training
- Training in daily living skills, budgeting and financial management skills
- Substance abuse prevention and preventive health activity.